Low grades or studying struggles are often put down to being a ‘bad’ student, or just not being very academic. It’s time to bust the myth that talent is the biggest determiner of academic success, and show you what IS important.
In this episode, you’ll learn my 3-part system for academic success – that does NOT require you to be Hermione Granger-smart and study every waking hour.
If you understand and implement this simple system, you’ll be more productive and motivated, boost your study confidence and skyrocket your grades and academic success.
I’ll walk you through a simple exercise to determine exactly where you need to improve your study skills to create better results. And I’ll share with you some key resources to uplevel your studying routines and strategies so you can have an easier studying life AND achieve awesome grades.
Ways to listen:
- Listen in the player above
- Click to listen on Apple Podcasts.
- Click to listen on Spotify.
- Click to listen on Google Podcasts.
Here’s a glance at this episode:
- The common threads in all student questions [01:33]
- The 3 parts of my academic success system [02:46]
- Why talent isn’t that important for your academic success [04:26]
- How the system works [06:27]
- The 4 situations where this system will improve your studying [07:18]
- How to assess which dial needs turning [08:07]
- How to identify secret #1 [09:25]
- How to identify secret #2 [10:29]
- How to identify secret #3 [11:14]
- The 3 ways you can take these secrets and uplevel your study skills and academic success [12:15]
- What NOT to do with this information. Why study skills need to be taught and why you're not a bad student if you need to work on all 3 secrets [16:01]
Resources and links:
- Check out my membership, the Kickbutt Students Club.
- Check out my range of study skills trainings.
- Sign up to my awesome email newsletter – Students Who Graduate.
- Grab a copy of my book – The Return to Study Handbook.
- BLOG POST – How to Develop a Growth Mindset and Achieve Higher Grades.
- BLOG POST – The Two Types of Study Motivation You Need to Get Through Your Degree.
- BLOG POST – How to Improve Your Critical Thinking for Higher Grades.
FREE EMAIL SERIES
How to Build Unshakeable Studying Confidence in Just 5 Days
So you can graduate with the grades you want – and feel more motivated, positive and focused along the way.