I don’t think I’ve yet come across a student who doesn’t have some education scars. These are what I call the long-lasting imprints of a bad study experience.
Whether you were told by teachers that you weren’t academic, or that you’d never amount to anything…or your parents highlighted your ‘weaknesses’ and shortcomings…or your sibling was known as ‘the smart one.’
Unfortunately, our education scars don’t stay in the past – they come back to bite us in our present day studying. When we go through challenges and stuck points these scars can reappear, make us miserable and stop us from achieving our full academic potential.
In this episode, I walk through exactly what education scars are and how they hold us back in our studies and all areas of our life that require learning. I then share six ways you can start to heal your education scars so you can overcome your limiting beliefs, quieten your doubts, and progress in your studies as a more confident, positive learner.
Click here to enrol in my upcoming Get The Grades Bootcamp.
Ways to listen:
- Listen in the player at the top of this page
- Click to listen on Apple Podcasts.
- Click to listen on Spotify.
- Click to listen on Google Podcasts.
Resources and links:
- Enrol in my upcoming Get the Grades Bootcamp
- Check out episode 3 of the podcast to learn more about the 3 dials you need to boost your academic success
- Check out episode 14 to find out more about healing your education scars by setting big study goals
- Check out episode 32 to learn more about why your brain is a jerk you shouldn’t believe
- Join the waitlist for my membership, The Kickbutt Students Club
- Grab a copy of my book – The Return to Study Handbook.
- Sign up to my free resource library filled with printables, worksheets and mini-guides to help you uplevel your study skills, get more done in less time, and achieve higher grades.
- If you’re a non-traditional student and you’d like my help to improve your skills and grades, click here to book a free call where we can chat about your study goals and come up with a plan to uplevel your skills.