I don’t think I’ve yet come across a student who doesn’t have some education scars. These are what I call the long-lasting imprints of a bad study experience.
Whether you were told by teachers that you weren’t academic, or that you’d never amount to anything…or your parents highlighted your ‘weaknesses’ and shortcomings…or your sibling was known as ‘the smart one.’
Unfortunately, our education scars don’t stay in the past – they come back to bite us in our present day studying. When we go through challenges and stuck points these scars can reappear, make us miserable and stop us from achieving our full academic potential.
In this episode, I walk through exactly what education scars are and how they hold us back in our studies and all areas of our life that require learning. I then share six ways you can start to heal your education scars so you can overcome your limiting beliefs, quieten your doubts, and progress in your studies as a more confident, positive learner.
Ways to listen:
- Listen in the player above
- Click to listen on Apple Podcasts.
- Click to listen on Spotify.
- Click to listen on Google Podcasts.
Resources and links:
- Check out my membership, the Kickbutt Students Club.
- Check out my range of study skills trainings.
- Sign up to my awesome email newsletter – Students Who Graduate.
- Grab a copy of my book – The Return to Study Handbook.