Did you know that schools weren’t created for learning? Do you know that your university will expect you to arrive already knowing HOW to learn, but that your school wouldn’t have taught you?
Learning HOW to learn is vital for academic success. While your university will teach you WHAT to study, it’s your responsibility to learn HOW to study.
– How to organise your time, tasks and materials
– How to study intentionally with focus
– How to develop a resilient growth mindset
– How to summarise your materials into notes that you can use to achieve higher grades
– How to write high-grade essays that communicate your ideas strongly and clearly
…and so much more.
But no one’s teaching students that they need to learn how to learn – so I’m stepping in.
In this episode, you’ll learn the real reason why mainstream schools were created, the unspoken shift that happens between school and university, the nine learning skills you must develop to succeed, and my 3-step process for learning how to learn.
Ways to listen:
- Listen in the player at the top of this page
- Click to listen on Apple Podcasts.
- Click to listen on Spotify.
- Click to listen on Google Podcasts.
Resources and links:
- Find out more and enrol in my Get the Grades Bootcamp happening this September
- Sign up to my free resource library filled with printables, worksheets and mini-guides to help you uplevel your study skills, get more done in less time, and achieve higher grades.
- Grab a copy of my book – The Return to Study Handbook.
- If you’re a non-traditional student and you’d like my help to improve your skills and grades, click here to book a free call where we can chat about your study goals and come up with a plan to uplevel your skills.
Leave a Reply