Does your university often bang on about the need to become an independent learner?
If they don’t, then they should cos it’s VITAL if you want to succeed in higher education. If they do, then you’ll know how much importance is placed on this skill.
But becoming an independent learner can be quite tricky. Developing the skills to be able to motivate yourself, problem-solve, study strategically, be self-directed in your learning…all pretty challenging if you’ve not been shown how or don’t have a process.
Well, luckily for you, in this episode I’m going to walk you through an awesome process. In just 3 simple steps, you’ll learn how to take control of your study sessions, assignments, exam prep. You’ll learn exactly HOW to become an independent learner; how to reflect on and regulate your learning, and how to make micro-adjustments to improve your skills and results.
This is an action-packed episode so get ready to dive into some studying awesomeness.
Ways to listen:
- Listen in the player at the top of this page
- Click to listen on Apple Podcasts.
- Click to listen on Spotify.
- Click to listen on Google Podcasts.
Resources and links:
- Join the waitlist for the Kickbutt Students Club.
- Check out episode 65 on Why You’re Revising for Exams the Wrong Way (and What You Should Do Instead)
- Grab a copy of my book – The Return to Study Handbook.
- Join the waitlist for my next Get the Grades Bootcamp.
- Sign up to my free resource library filled with printables, worksheets and mini-guides to help you uplevel your study skills, get more done in less time, and achieve higher grades.
- If you’re a non-traditional student and you’d like my help to improve your skills and grades, click here to book a free call where we can chat about your study goals and come up with a plan to uplevel your skills.