I am a HUGE fan of studying in a way that fits into your life, and learning from home is a great option for many students, however there is one pretty hefty disadvantage of distance learning.
Studying at home alone. Studying without ever meeting your peers. Studying without much interaction with your tutor.
There are lots of practical issues with this but there is one area that’s often overlooked – the emotional toll of studying by yourself. It can be harder to motivate yourself to study, and more difficult to pick yourself back up after a setback. It can be a struggle to keep yourself disciplined and focused too.
But don’t worry. Today’s episode is all about addressing this biggest disadvantage of distance learning. I’m going to share multiple ways that you can feel more connected in your studies and we’ll dive into exactly how you can become a calmer, more focused student.
We’re going to reduce the impact that the biggest disadvantage to distance learning is having on you…so you can more easily make positive changes in your studying.
Sound good? OK, let’s dive in.
FREE EMAIL SERIES
How to Build Unshakeable Studying Confidence in Just 5 Days
So you can graduate with the grades you want – and feel more motivated, positive and focused along the way.
Ways to listen:
- Listen in the player above
- Click to listen on Apple Podcasts.
- Click to listen on Spotify.
- Click to listen on Google Podcasts.
Resources and links:
- Check out my membership, the Kickbutt Students Club.
- Check out my range of study skills trainings.
- Sign up to my awesome email newsletter – Students Who Graduate.
- Grab a copy of my book – The Return to Study Handbook.
- Check out this other related episode – Ep.075 3 Steps to Become a More Motivated, Self-Directed, Independent Learner.