Do you ever find yourself diving into writing without much planning before you start your essay?
I see this A LOT with the students I work with and a few things tend to happen:
– the writing process takes a lot longer
– the writing process is more stressful
– they end up having to cut loads of words that aren’t relevant
– they go off on tangents and don’t answer the question
– they get lower grades because of it.
I don’t want this to happen to you. Instead, follow my simple planning process before you start your essay, and you’ll find the whole process much easier AND you’ll achieve higher grades.
In this episode, I take you through a worked example essay question, and teach you the 7 simple but powerful questions you should ask yourself before you start your essay to ensure your arguments are strong, coherent, and that you actually answer the task you’ve been set.
FREE EMAIL SERIES
How to Build Unshakeable Studying Confidence in Just 5 Days
So you can graduate with the grades you want – and feel more motivated, positive and focused along the way.
Ways to listen:
- Listen in the player near the top of this page
- Click to listen on Apple Podcasts.
- Click to listen on Spotify.
- Click to listen on Google Podcasts.
Resources and links:
- Check out my membership, the Kickbutt Students Club.
- Check out my range of study skills trainings.
- Sign up to my awesome email newsletter – Students Who Graduate.
- Grab a copy of my book – The Return to Study Handbook.
- Find out more and enrol in Essays With Ease.