Do you ever find yourself diving into writing without much planning before you start your essay?
I see this A LOT with the students I work with and a few things tend to happen:
– the writing process takes a lot longer
– the writing process is more stressful
– they end up having to cut loads of words that aren’t relevant
– they go off on tangents and don’t answer the question
– they get lower grades because of it.
I don’t want this to happen to you. Instead, follow my simple planning process before you start your essay, and you’ll find the whole process much easier AND you’ll achieve higher grades.
In this episode, I take you through a worked example essay question, and teach you the 7 simple but powerful questions you should ask yourself before you start your essay to ensure your arguments are strong, coherent, and that you actually answer the task you’ve been set.
Ways to listen:
- Listen in the player at the top of this page
- Click to listen on Apple Podcasts.
- Click to listen on Spotify.
- Click to listen on Google Podcasts.
Resources and links:
- Find out more and enrol in Essays With Ease.
- Grab a copy of my book – The Return to Study Handbook.
- Join the waitlist for the Kickbutt Students Club.
- Join the waitlist for my next Get the Grades Bootcamp.
- Sign up to my free resource library filled with printables, worksheets and mini-guides to help you uplevel your study skills, get more done in less time, and achieve higher grades.
- If you’re a non-traditional student and you’d like my help to improve your skills and grades, click here to book a free call where we can chat about your study goals and come up with a plan to uplevel your skills.