It's time to talk about setting studying boundaries. Just before starting a new course, module, semester is a perfect time to evaluate the studying boundaries you have in place, or to identify any others you'd like to implement to help you achieve more in less time.
Your studying is affected by and affects the lives of those you live with and your friends and family. Your support network may sometimes view the time and energy you give to your studying as attention taken away from them – which can cause issues and resentment.
This means that setting studying boundaries and expectations is really important to protect your wellbeing and help you become a happier and more effective student.
In this episode, I’m going to walk you through exactly how to set effective studying boundaries with those you live with and your wider circle of friends and family.
You’ll learn steps for setting studying boundaries and expectations that will open up communication and allow you to achieve a lot more in less time…and with a lot less stress.
Ways to listen:
- Listen in the player above
- Click to listen on Apple Podcasts.
- Click to listen on Spotify.
- Click to listen on Google Podcasts.
Here’s a glance at this episode:
- Why setting studying boundaries is super important right now
- How to kickstart your next module/semester
- What is a boundary?
- Why setting studying boundaries isn't selfish
- How to reset a boundary that someone's crossed
- Why setting studying boundaries is super important in a busy household
- 3-step process for setting studying boundaries
STEP 1 > Examine your current boundaries
STEP 2 > Identify your new boundaries
STEP 3 > Communicate your needs
- What to do when someone doesn't respect your studying boundaries
- An example of setting boundaries with friends and family
- Why you are entitled to ask for the time, space and support you need
- The importance of setting expectations before study sessions
- How to set expectations and studying boundaries before you hit the books
- The benefits of setting expectations
- How to get my support in boosting your skills and grades