Are you guilty of taking study notes and then not using them again? Of spending hours each week completing your reading and notes but finding they’re not helpful when it comes to writing your essays or preparing for your exams?
Well, it’s time to stop taking pointless study notes. There are some common mistakes I keep seeing students make (that I made too!) so in this episode I’m going to teach you the principles of effective note taking so you can save time and get better results.
– the 3 aims of note taking
– 4 things you can do to improve your study notes
– how to take great notes in less time each week
– how to use your notes to improve your critical thinking and write better essays faster
– how to use your study notes to boost your understanding, recall and exam preparation.
Ways to listen:
- Listen in the player at the top of this page
- Click to listen on Apple Podcasts.
- Click to listen on Spotify.
- Click to listen on Google Podcasts.
Resources and links:
- Improve your study notes and enrol in Nail Your Note Taking
- Join the waitlist for my membership, The Kickbutt Students Club
- Check out my blog post for more details on the Cornell note taking method
- Check out my blog post for more details on how to use flashcards effectively
- Sign up to my free resource library filled with printables, worksheets and mini-guides to help you uplevel your study skills, get more done in less time, and achieve higher grades.
- Grab a copy of my book – The Return to Study Handbook.
- If you’re a non-traditional student and you’d like my help to improve your skills and grades, click here to book a free call where we can chat about your study goals and come up with a plan to uplevel your skills.