Distance learning is a flexible method of studying that allows you to choose when, where and how you study. However, it’s this flexibility that can often cause problems with motivation, discipline and procrastination.
In this episode, you’ll learn 7 awesome strategies for successful distance learning. I share step-by-step, practical tips for increasing your productivity, and boosting your motivation and confidence, so that you can achieve more in less time and have an easier, happier distance learning life.
First I walk you through the advantages of being a distance learner – because it’s important to recognise the upsides of studying in the non-traditional way.
Next, I walk you through the disadvantages of distance learning and then bust each of these with the techniques you need to thrive as a non-traditional student.
Ways to listen:
- Listen in the player at the top of this page
- Click to listen on Apple Podcasts.
- Click to listen on Spotify.
- Click to listen on Google Podcasts.
Here’s a glance at this episode:
- What is distance learning? [04:11]
- The 5 advantages of distance learning [05:33]
- … Location independence [05:38]
- … Flexibility [06:42]
- … No travel required [07:34]
- … Study in comfort [07:46]
- … Develop awesome additional skills [08:54]
- The 5 disadvantages of distance learning [10:10]
- … Lack of social interaction [10:20]
- … Difficult to motivate yourself [11:16]
- … Time management and study planning [11:51]
- … No direct tutor access [12:05]
- … Studying at home can be chaotic [12:36]
- The 7 strategies for successful distance learning [13:29]
- … Stock up on accountability [13:40]
- … Plan your damn weeks! [15:33]
- … Switch up where you study [18:47]
- … Build a good relationship with your tutor [19:45]
- … Flex your problem-solving muscles [23:13]
- … Manage your transitions [25:14]
- … Celebrate your achievements [27:20]
- How to take full charge of your time, tasks and study materials [29:10]
Resources and links:
- Grab a copy of my book – The Return to Study Handbook.
- Grab your FREE distance learning guide
- Enrol in my awesome training – The Structured Student
- Join the waitlist for my membership – The Kickbutt Students Club
- Sign up to my free resource library filled with printables, worksheets and mini-guides to help you uplevel your study skills, get more done in less time, and achieve higher grades.
- If you’re a non-traditional student and you’d like my help to improve your skills and grades, click here to book a free call where we can chat about your study goals and come up with a plan to uplevel your skills.