Who comes up with the studying timelines we’re supposed to stick to? Us? The education system? Society?
We live in a world where it’s still seen as ‘different’ and ‘non-traditional’ to still be in education past your early twenties. But we also live in a world that’s telling us we need to become life-long learners, that we’ll have multiple careers, and that we need to continually upskill ourselves.
No wonder our studying timelines are all out of whack.
In this episode I’m going to talk all about these unrealistic, stressful studying timelines we can put on ourselves. I’ll cover goal setting, managing expectations and where failure comes from. And I’ll share all about the very necessary distinction between healthy striving and healthy slowing down – that we need BOTH to become life-long learners without burning out.
So pop me in your earbuds, this one’s a goodie.
FREE EMAIL SERIES
How to Build Unshakeable Studying Confidence in Just 5 Days
So you can graduate with the grades you want – and feel more motivated, positive and focused along the way.
Ways to listen:
- Listen in the player near the top of this page
- Click to listen on Apple Podcasts.
- Click to listen on Spotify.
- Click to listen on Google Podcasts.
Resources and links:
- Check out my membership, the Kickbutt Students Club.
- Check out my range of study skills trainings.
- Sign up to my awesome email newsletter – Students Who Graduate.
- Grab a copy of my book – The Return to Study Handbook.