Do you want to sound smarter in your writing? Or have your ideas come across more clearly? Then you need to understand these 10 words you should never use in an essay.
Proofreading can often feel like the nice-to-have study task you complete if you have enough time. But I’ve proofread hundreds of essays over the last few years for students and I want to urge you to devote more of your essay writing time to this activity.
It’s not just a style thing. Take the time to ensure your writing is clear and sharp and your ideas will be understood more easily, which equals higher marks. I regularly see students go up an entire grade in the proofreading stage.
In this episode I share with you the 10 words you should never use in an essay…if you wanna get a good grade. Simply check over your work for these 10 ten words and phrases and you’ll magically make your writing clearer, and easier to write…which will make it A LOT easier for your tutor to award you marks.
Ways to listen:
- Listen in the player at the top of this page
- Click to listen on Apple Podcasts.
- Click to listen on Spotify.
- Click to listen on Google Podcasts.
Resources and links:
- Find out more and enrol in Essays With Ease.
- Grab a copy of my book – The Return to Study Handbook.
- Join the waitlist for the Kickbutt Students Club.
- Join the waitlist for my next Get the Grades Bootcamp.
- Sign up to my free resource library filled with printables, worksheets and mini-guides to help you uplevel your study skills, get more done in less time, and achieve higher grades.
- If you’re a non-traditional student and you’d like my help to improve your skills and grades, click here to book a free call where we can chat about your study goals and come up with a plan to uplevel your skills.