Do you want to sound smarter in your writing? Or have your ideas come across more clearly? Then you need to understand these 10 words you should never use in an essay.
Proofreading can often feel like the nice-to-have study task you complete if you have enough time. But I’ve proofread hundreds of essays over the last few years for students and I want to urge you to devote more of your essay writing time to this activity.
It’s not just a style thing. Take the time to ensure your writing is clear and sharp and your ideas will be understood more easily, which equals higher marks. I regularly see students go up an entire grade in the proofreading stage.
In this episode I share with you the 10 words you should never use in an essay…if you wanna get a good grade. Simply check over your work for these 10 ten words and phrases and you’ll magically make your writing clearer, and easier to write…which will make it A LOT easier for your tutor to award you marks.
FREE EMAIL SERIES
How to Build Unshakeable Studying Confidence in Just 5 Days
So you can graduate with the grades you want – and feel more motivated, positive and focused along the way.
Ways to listen:
- Listen in the player above
- Click to listen on Apple Podcasts.
- Click to listen on Spotify.
- Click to listen on Google Podcasts.
Resources and links:
- Check out my membership, the Kickbutt Students Club.
- Check out my range of study skills trainings.
- Sign up to my awesome email newsletter – Students Who Graduate.
- Grab a copy of my book – The Return to Study Handbook.
- Find out more and enrol in Essays With Ease.